Документ без названия

PASSIONBALLET ФОРУМ ЛЮБИТЕЛЕЙ БАЛЕТА, МУЗЫКИ И ТЕАТРА

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Carlos Acosta

Сообщений 1 страница 2 из 2

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/thea … 86918.html

“I think the Government should put art at the top of the agenda,” he says. “I don’t think politicians think about how important artists are. They think it’s just an entertainment, but it does so much more. When you are frustrated or in pain and nothing makes sense, art is what gives you hope — a song, a painting, a performance.”

Perhaps Acosta should add campaigner to his already long list of job titles. With that famous onstage charm, he could be very effective. Certainly, whatever new challenge he takes on, he doesn’t fear failure. Not every show Acosta has produced has been a wild success — he’s been learning on the job, in a very public way — but he brushes it off. “I’m somebody who goes forward all the time, who doesn’t linger in the past,” he says.

“I’m very adventurous and when I have a vision in my head I say, ‘I’m doing it!’ What do I really have to lose?’. It’s all made in good faith, my intentions are good. And I think ultimately that will prevail.”

Cubanía is at the Royal Opera House, WC2 (020 7304 4000, roh.org.uk) July 27-Aug 2

Politicians often dislike artists, actually. They stir things up!